In simple language hernia is a defect in the abdominal wall, through which the abdominal contents like intestine, omentum (intra- abdominal fat) or other organ protrude or bulge out forming a swelling. Usually the swelling increases on straining, coughing, walking and causes discomfort.
- Avoid strenuous work and lifting weight over 5kg for the first three months after surgery
- Avoid catching cough and cold and if present take treatment for the same immediately
- Avoid bending forward too frequently
- Do not continue to suffer from constipation, but treat it at the earliest
- Do not gain weight for at least 6 months post-operatively
- Avoid yoga and other exercises as per the advice of your surgeon and perform only such exercises as permitted